Homeschooling is on the rise as parents embrace this approach and advocacy organizations are promoting it as a preference over other systems of schooling. Homeschooling can be very stressful, but it's also rewarding. Homeschooling is not for every parent, and those who are unprepared, unwilling or uncertain to make the commitment to be an effective teacher should take time to consider the various aspects of homeschooling.
In this session, panelists will discuss:
- Emergence & Relevance / Benefits & Disadvantages of Homeschooling
- Why some families are opting for homeschooling?
- Does homeschooling improve learning outcomes?
- Does homeschooling weaken social skills?
- Can homeschooling be tweaked as a strategy to deal with school dropouts?
- What are the overall effects of homeschooling as far as students, parents, educators and schools are concerned?