The Cage Free Voices Radio is an innovative educational entertainment radio show/podcast that provides a platform for youth ages 10-25 to become advocates/change- makers in their communities by giving them a voice. The show also provides information on educational products, and advice from experts, and everyday people on various topics. Viewers are also able to gain access to CFV Online academic, personal and professional development courses and materials.
Our goals are as follows:
- Increase positive student dialogue around social, economic and political issues consistently impacting youth which include but are not limited to: bullying, body-image, inclusion, etc.
- Improve literacy and student engagement by offering a platform for students to showcase their work.
- Enhance writing skills and student engagement though an interactive curriculum by offering students a platform to showcase their work through radio submission.
- Empower students to become change-makers in their communities whereby student work may be heard at their school through the intercom system during transitions, morning announcements, and home room
- Keep parents and the community informed of educational policy changes, community events, and educational programs.
- Provide students and parents with information in supplemental curriculum materials and educational products