Aneil is the Head of Digital Learning at St Chris. He originally trained as a Graphic Designer in London and has over 15 years of experience in the education and design sector. He obtained his Masters in Teaching and Learning from University College London, where his focus was on the effective use of technology to promote collaboration. He has a passion for technology and coaching others in the use of EdTech tools and has worked with a variety of schools in the UK to develop staff use of digital technology. “When you combine creative thinking with technology, wonderful things happen. Add a great teacher and you can change the world.”
17 November 2022 | 12:30 - 12:50 | English | Digital Rosenshine
Focusing on Roshenshine’s Principles of Instruction in relation to effective Review, Questioning, Sequencing & Modelling.
Through an engaging session, you will learn:
1. How to involve all students when checking for understanding.
2. How to use several digital tools to help build an accurate picture of what students have understood and where there may be gaps.
3. Develop a better understanding of questioning and how to leverage technology to quickly gain student responses.
4. How to use digital tools efficiently without dominating entire lessons and keeping teacher workload manageable. 5. How digital tools can be used for the effective delivery, presentation, and organisation of new material.
6. How you can enhance modelling through the ability to digitally record, capture and share your thought process.
7. How you can use digital tools to scaffold and provide cognitive supports to individuals and small groups.