The goal of TESOL Arabia is to establish a network of communication among professionals who use English as a medium of instruction, in order to promote and maintain the excellence of their teaching and administration.
We aim to:
- Stimulate the growth of professional development through the encouragement of both practical and theoretical scholarship
- Encourage the use of available technologies
- Adopt the instructional methodologies that best meet the needs of our students
- Promote the English language teaching profession as a career
- Provide a forum for discussion and support
TESOL Arabia is a not-for-profit teachers’ membership organisation devoted to the professional development of its members, who are mostly based in the UAE and the Gulf region, though we have many members in other countries around the world. It is run by volunteers elected from its membership and is financed by the subscriptions of its members and the proceeds of its Annual International Conference & Exhibition. The next conference (TACON 2015) will take place 12th – 14th March 2015 at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.